Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Cramer is Crazy

I just saw a segment of "Mad Money" with Jim Cramer.

WOW. The man is insane.

I've heard lots about Cramer and so was naturally curious. What I heard was mostly bad though and to support it, Motley Fools's CAPS tracks Jim Cramer's performance history and it hasn't been great, reaching a point total of negative 2000 earlier this year (meaning a cumulative 2000% below the S&P). So why is somebody who's doing so terribly poor in his recommendations getting so many listeners?

I see a segment today and my god Jim Cramer is mad, not the money. He's pretty much screaming at his audience the entire time, offering them lots of generically good but often seemingly useless advice. Yes, you look for improving net profit and increasing revenues is great for young companies but does Cramer really have to scream like Tony Little advertising the Gazelle? Maybe it's just me but I can't trust someone who has completely digital voice modulation skills (and so far, it's been stuck on "1").

No comments: